[Cinema Anime] Showing this Saturday, November 12

Announcements for the Cinema Anime club announce at cinemaanime.org
Thu Nov 10 23:23:26 PST 2016

Fall is in the air, which in California means 90 degree weather and hot winds.  Pretty soon you’ll be able to set your turkey outside to cook, but in the meantime, our anime screening room has snacks and air conditioning.

I’ve got new anime DVDs from my favorite store, Right Stuf (no, I don’t get kickbacks), including the hyperkinetic Punch Line and the long awaited Den-noh Coil.  Ok, maybe I was the only one awaiting it, but I enjoyed it when it came out in 2007 and its “small town cyberpunk” theme.  The pacing is a bit casual (it clocks in at 26 episodes), but it unfolds in an interesting way if you stick around for the ride (and the fight scenes are fun).

Our game of “Survivor, Anime” continues, with some shows on the verge of falling off the favorites list while others are surging ahead.  As always, feel free to send a request my way — I might actually have what you’d like to see.

The current favorite standings are:

	• Hai to Gensou no Grimgar (Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash)
	• Akagami no Shirayukihime (Snow White with the Red Hair)
	• Shokugeki no Soma (Food Wars) season 2
	• Dagashi Kashi
	• Ore Monogatari (My Love Story)
	• Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! (God's Blessing on this Wonderful World!)
	• Amaama to Inazuma (sweetness & lightning)
	• Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou (The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior)
	• Dimension W
	• Heavy Object
	• GATE
	• Log Horizon
	• Hanasaku Iroha
	• Minami-ke
	• Mitchiko to Hatchin
	• Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge (Tanaka-kun Is Listless)
	• Mob Psycho 100

Brett